Welcome to mowned, the mobile devices statistics portal of user's cell phones timelines around the world.
Reviews & phones containers in different colors?
As you may seen, the reviews and phone containers are in different colors based on the current rate of respective owner.
This means I like this device!
(& no rate was given that day...)
What is Mowned?
Mowned's aim is to provide an user-centric statistical approach, device-centric statistics and, on large scale, aggregated mobile phones statistics.
The project is in evolving stage, more may come in near future. For example: most appreciated phones, most criticied phones, most owned, profile picture.
Depends on how many contribute with showcases and phone ratings..
just rate phones freely! But that's not all..
Mowned project like to become, in time, a community-driven cellphones S&I (stats & information) portal.
You and Mowned
- You can keep track of what cell phones you've owned in time;
- You can share your story of your mobile passion for each phone (as review) and/or your background regarding mobiles;
- You can share your timeline to the world and to your friends;
- You can generate image signature, based on your devices timeline, that can be used on forums, blogs, etc with one click;
- You can see nice stats of your own cellphones timeline via "Timeline facts";
- You can help building interesting statistics.
Are you ready?
You will have to enter in brainstorm mode when you start your showcase. There are many years to recall :)
If you use Facebook you can Login with facebook button in top right corner.
In this case you don't have to go through registering forms - you just click "Login with facebook", confirm the Facebook permissions dialog and you're ready.
If you prefer not to use Facebook, you can create a new Mowned account by clicking Sign in.
If you need more information on how to use Mowned you may read How to create complete cell phones timeline.
Thank you for your visit, hope you enjoy the service and spread the word.
- Q: I've wanted to add my mobile phones but some devices are missing..
A: Please send us a Feedback or tweet @mowned_com and tell us what model is missing and we'll try to fix this ASAP. The full phone name is enough.
- Q: I want to add my opinion regarding an owned mobile.. How should I do?
A: From your dashboard add your phone (if you haven't added it already) and you will see a separate list for your reviews. It's simple. The review may appear with a delay on device page.
- Q: How to generate my forum singature image?
A: First login to your account (either by e-mail or Facebook). Then start adding phones. Save your alias. Check if your timeline is complete/OK. Press "Activate image signature" and copy the BBcode.
- Q: Why are you using Facebook for login?
A: Firstly because of the popularity of Facebook. Secondly, without, it just complicates the whole login/register process.
- Q: What data are you getting from Facebook if I login?
A: Basic data, such as: name, e-mail, birthday, city, locale, etc. At the moment no profile photo is extracted.
- Q: Are you gonna automatically post to my Facebook wall?
A: No. Facebook is used just for the login process. Is up to you if you want to like/share pages from mowned.com.
- Q: I've voted a device but the score doesn't update.
A: mowned.com uses caching mechanisms, don't worry, your vote is taken.
- Q: I've activated my forum cell phones signature and requested an update of the image. You've said the signature is updated but I see the same image. What's wrong?
A: Your forum signature image may be cached by your browser. Try opening the signature image in a new tab and press F5 and or CTRL+F5. This will force the cache to flush and you will be able to see your cellphones updated in your signature.
- Q: Why my phones are marked as "main phone"?
A: Mowned automatically sets a phone as "main phone" if you mark the phone as "still own" and set a "year from" value with no "year to" value.
If you haven't inputed any "year to" value we understand that you still use the phone as a main device.
It's recommended to input accurate data as much as possible.
- Q: This site looks so bad on Internet Explorer..
A: Mowned.com uses a lot of CSS3 and Internet Explorer doesn't rely on standard 100%.. Please try Chrome or Firefox.
- Q: Why mowned? Why this name?
A: mowned is a composite word in reverse. "Owned Mobiles" reversed. Mobiles Owned. So write it as you prefer: MOwned, mOwned, m0wned.
- Q: When was Mowned released?
A: Mowned was released to public in 2 November 2012.
Did you know?
- By completing properly all years when you aquired each cell phone and by rating them by your preference you can get a pretty accurate Timeline facts.
- By rating a phone to your likes, the reviews or the phone in your showcase have nice visuals according to your rate.
- If you have set a forum signature image and you like your public showcase that image could be posted on your Facebook wall/activity.
- By completing your timeline you help build nice stats, for example most owned phones in a particular year.
By sharing your showcase with your friends or/and the world you can contribute on with better statistics.
- Your written short reviews for owned phones will appear on device specific page.
In time this may help other users to get an idea on how their next device is.
- You can get news about Mowned on Twitter via @mowned_com.
- You can leave your public feedback in Feedback section via Disqus.
Mowned Tech Interface
Build with help of:
Powered by SFW © 2012